Type: Full-Time, Salary
The Group Sales Manager will be a part of the daily operations of the ticket and membership sales department leading the development and implementation of strategies to increase group ticket sales to the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl, Russell Athletic Bowl and other FCS-owned or managed events. This position requires the candidate to manage several projects simultaneously and includes developing relationships with key organizations and businesses and collaboration to create ancillary events throughout the year to foster group engagement. This position will report directly to the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer.
Create, develop and sell group sales programs to key events of Florida Citrus Sports to include:
- Prospect, solicit and collaborate internally and externally to build custom group programs for existing and new clients by networking, prospecting and researching successful programs including but not limited to:
- Custom programs for existing groups (scouting, athletic leagues, churches)
- Creation of new group opportunities which may include communities or new residents
- Prospecting business outings to include use of stadium facilities tied to group ticket purchases for employee outings
- Creation of group sales programs through workplace sales opportunities
- Develop & oversee implementation of sales opportunities in the tourism market to include:
- Advance sales to tour groups
- On site sales in hotels
- Develop P&L for projects including marketing, fulfillment and event expenses.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at event with events department to build plan to fulfill each program as applicable
- Work with internal departments to create sales tools to market the programs
- Manage ticket inventory and availability to maximize sales
The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented self-starter, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and enjoy working in a multi-task, event-driven environment. Organization, initiative, and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply are essential. The role will be expected to balance the development of “big picture” ideas and execution of small details and logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- ≥3 years of experience in sports event tickets sales and / or events
- Experience in budget management and freelance/contract vendor coordination
- Experience in navigating a heavy workload to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience
This position requires at least forty hours per week and the flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends according to the Florida Citrus Sports event schedule. The position requires the ability to work during Labor Day weekend and the December holiday season, including the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl on or about New Year’s Day.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.